Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Paparazzi Mom

I have 3 boys.  I like to dress them.  I like to see their faces as they play, work, smile.  I take their pictures.  Often.  I know that one day they will not be this size.  Tonight when they come home from school, they will have a little more knowledge in their brain (let's hope) and a little more wear on their skin.  I want them to remember every second of their lives.  I want to look back at graduation and say Remember when we took Big Kid to Universal Studios 15 times in one season a few times that one year?  Remember when he played hockey with that team in Canada?  I love memories.  I love having the chance to do things and then record them.  Occassionally I miss out on a memory.  Occassionally.

No way in H-E- double hockey sticks this Mom is missing the first day of school.  I may have missed Third Grade with Big Kid.  I will not sleep now until I confirm this or put him in some shorts and stand him on his knees and take a pic in front of our third grade house. (yes, many of our homes have only lasted one school year.  I am not proud of that fact, we were renters, some worked out, some did not...happily we are now in OUR home and plan to take every picture for the next 15 years in front of the same porch railing...but I digress).  Yesterday was the first day of school.  I took a few pictures.  Big Kid was disgusted with me.  How could I?  I was forced to take 2 pictures (only allowed the second one because I told him that the first one he looked fat....not a great Mommy moment, but I am honest and the kid is 6' tall and 175lbs. he knows he isn't fat)  I did unknowing to him post them on facebook.  I was careful not to tag him, lest he find out.  Middle kid loves his picture taken as does the little one.  I am their personal paparazzi, I follow them daily and chronical as much of their day as I can. 

I don't have a super fancy camera.  Not like what I would like, but it seems to take some pretty decent pics and people are always impressed by it.  I just wish it were 'bigger' and more 'paparazzi-like'.  You know 4 foot long zoom lens with a tripod...that would be SOOO cool.... but for now...the kodak easyshare works.  Any camera and kids is a winner!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment