Friday, September 10, 2010

It's a good thing my brother is a trooper...

and I hope he has pull with CPS (child protective services).  I am expecting a visit from them any minute.  Them or the local police.  Maybe I will get both.  THAT would be exciting!!! Really though, I have done no wrong...

Mostly....

I am donating a gift basket to a co-worker's son-in-laws golf benefit.  (need a map to follow that one?)  You see, he has been stricken with Cancer only 28 years old and his baby turned a year old this July.  Kinda pulls at your heartstrings right?  So, me, the kind, caring person I am decided to donate a gift basket.  I purchased one of my products that I sell, which happens to be a cooler.  Hubby decided the best thing for the target group there... 28, men, golf, beer. Of course it just flows!!

So I head down to our local market.  Not my usual market.  This store is sketchy at best.  There are more food benefit cards than cash being handed out.  I had little kid in the cart and I picked out three different fall beer choices.  As I run to the checkout little kid is looking sad, he has been running all day with me and got nada...now he doesn't HAVE to have something at everystore, but today was a long day so I throw in a bag of M&M's.

The lady in front of me looks in my cart and surveys my purchase.  3 six packs of various beers, a toddler (mind you he is fully clothed in CLEAN clothes ~a rarity in this store~) and a pack of candy.  She looks at the cart, looks at little kid, and sighs.  Loudly.  Directly. At. Me.  I said 'I know, I just hope this lasts me the rest of the night, or at least until I pass out.  I DO NOT WANT TO LEAVE THE HOUSE AGAIN TODAY!!!'  Make note, that one, I hate beer, two, I don't drink and drive (little brother would not be able to help with that and I wouldn't deserve help) three, it is none of her business.  I am a good mom and a good (most of the time) person.  I am donating this gift to a family that is having a rough time.  Don't Judge Me!!! 

But the funny part is, as I am walking out, I notice the nosy lady still in her car.  I unpacked the cart, sat little kid in his seat, and went and put the cart away (again a good person).  I notice her still sitting in her car.  I get a little nervous (not sure why, I surely haven't had a drink) and get in the car and start it.  Little kid yells from the back seat... apparently I was too busy being a good mom that I forgot to buckle him into his carseat!! Score one for the nosy lady! 

I think it is important to mention that the nosy lady must live nearby as she followed me mostly home.  I am expecting the police and/or cps any moment.  I have brownies baking and coffee on!

No comments:

Post a Comment