Monday, September 6, 2010

Dear Mr. Garbage-Man,

An open letter to my garbage man, an apology of sorts!

Dear Mr. Garbage-Man,
     I apologize for the long stop here at Chez-me today.  A funny thing happens when the happiness of Back to school, mixes with the sadness of back to school.  Shopping has been accomplished, but now, where in the world are we keeping all of these new treasures?  The kids closets are bursting at the seams as it is.  And now, I just went and bought them each no less than 10 new outfits, shoes, socks, unders, well you get the picture.  *and we will get back to the backpack debacle soon enough*  So to make room for all of the new treasures, I ventured into middle ones room.  Now when I say ventured, I alerted the authorities, left my next of kin with all of the necessary paperwork.  I worked fast in that trench, I was in and out in 35 minutes.  I left there with 3 bags of garbage and 3 bags of clothes to donate/giveaway/burn.  The closet is now semi-organized, the drawers in BOTH dressers are now so organized Helen Keller could find an appropriate outfit.  *no offense to Helen or any other blind people, just saying I made outfit matching so easy a gecko can do it*  Middle Kid needs it THAT easy!!
    I am going to continue through the house for as many hours as I can stand it and try to remove 50% of the clutter that we are drowning in.  The next stop is the Big Ones diaster.  We have already removed the backpack from last year.  It is the same backpack he told me he was going to carry this year.  I had not purchased a new backpack for him since his, as told by him, was still in fine working order.  I had to disagree...it was removed from his custody with long tongs and a man wearing a hazmat suit.  It is the same backpack that your partner just touched with his bare hands.  I would rush him to the ER for shots and testing.  But first please collect the rest of the garbage from out here. 

Thank you for your faithful service,
Your job really stinks!
CEO of Chez-ME!

No comments:

Post a Comment