Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Music, preschool, and hockey..oh my!!

So, Middle kid loves him some music. He already likes to play his guitar with his Dad.  He listens to music all the time.  He loves it!  So when the note came home last year to sign up for an instrument Middle Kid was all over that!  He had trouble deciding which instrument he wanted to torture us with play for us.  I helped him with the decision.  Trumpets, they are cheap and fairly small.  How bad can it be?  Well, lesson two is over with and there is a new rule in the house.  We MUST practice.  If he wants to get any better he MUST practice.  That goes with out saying.  Everynight there will be time set aside for practicing.  Coincidentally, that time seems to be also the schedule block when I am at work.  Surely it was a coincidence. 

Little Kid got into a preschool.  It appears to even be a decent one.  There were no kids climbing on the play kitchen *there were at our previous choice so now I look for that NOT to happen* there was no fighting and debating on toys.  It appears to be a perfect fit.  My favorite part?  Well, one of them anyways... he is not the bully of the class!! Appears there is another boy that is surely threatened by Little Kid and his newness and had to show him who is boss.  Pushed him down the stairs today.  Hit him in the face with a brick. (wood I am assuming) Now the report I got was onesided and told by a 3 year old so I am not sure what my little angel could have done to deserve the beating that he got, but he did report one thing... HE is his best friend.  I guess he needs someone who cannot only take a hit, but can give one too!  They are the new Bash Brothers.

This weekend my freedom ends.  No more leisurely Saturday and Sundays with the family.  Hockey officially starts.  This week I must pull out the equipment size the boys to see what fits and what doesn't.  Sign away my paycheck for the next 6 months Perhaps purchase a few reasonably priced items and then sit in the ice rink for the better part of the next 6 months.  Yeah!  Maybe this year the city will add video games to the warming room so not only do I have to pay $2. for a gatorade x4 (times at the rink)x2( kids that will be begging for said drink) but now they will want to play a video game everytime (that is 4x per child) we are at the rink.  Yeah! I hope they will still want to try and get the crap out of the gumball machines too!  I can not live without another $0.75 bouncy ball or felt moustache!!

No comments:

Post a Comment