Sunday, September 5, 2010

Back to school....

Such a happy phrase, such a sad phrase...I love back to school, because I, well, love to shop.  I love to get outfits, and pick out shoes.  I adore the sales on supplies...who doesn't need nickel folders?  And of course I need to buy $6 worth!  We will never have a shortage of spiral notebooks either...of course they were a PENNY!!! I found a dollar's worth of change in the van and went to town!!! I thought I was thinking ahead...surely the kids will need 'some' and why not buy them now at such a huge discount.  And then it happened...in the mail came the school supply list...not one spiral notebook on the whole dang thing!!! Foiled again!  Thankfully, middle did need 12 pocket folders and I have roughly 120 of them...foiled again...he needs specific colors and I didn't pick up purple for my boys... back to the drawing board!!

This year back to school has a new meaning...little will be going to school... it is only 2 days a week, and it is only 2 and a half hours, but it is school!  He has will be learning and not playing, and meeting new friends.  He will be doing this without me.  The other days of course he will be home with me 'unlearning' what the school is so hard trying to teach him.  He will still get to see the big ones afterschool and on weekends.  He will miss his xbox time with his big brother and beating the crap out of the middle kid.  So let this serve as a warning to the kids in his preschool class, he will be looking for someone new to beat the crap out of!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment