Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Big Kid is funny...who knew?

Who knew under that hoodie and behind that perma-grimace there is a funny kid?  I swear, sometimes he amazes even me!!  So tonight as it snows buckets of big huge snowflakes we were at hockey practice.  We were a few hours early.  (poor timing on my part!)  He retreated to the locker room and I got to work on some business packets. 

After what seemed to be an eternity practice was over and he came out of the locker room to go home.  Now we have been at the rink for 2 1/2 hours.  It was snowing a lot.  Buckets worth.  It had been 2 1/2 hours.  We walked out and the snow was up to our lower shins.  Good thing I wore boots.  Too bad he had on sneakers.  And shorts.  I looked at the van and it was covered.  It was snowing.  A lot.  Did I mention that?  So I did what any smart woman would do.

I unlocked the van, gave him a snowbrush and ran back in to use the restroom.  When I came out he was just finishing up the van.  Good timing, eh?  He was standing at the back of the van and says 'no problem Mom.'  As he sweeps all of the snow off the top of the van at me.  Hmmm a little better than a snowball.  He then held me hostage and laughed.  He wouldn't let me in.  He would fake me out and as I went to get in....smash in the face with snow.  And the laugh.  He was red in the face he was laughing so hard.  At my expense.  He is so my kid.  It is always funny when we pick on others. 

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.  Especially when the tree is 5 feet tall!

No comments:

Post a Comment