Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving...

Of course, here it is a day of Thanks and everyone and their mother is telling everyone under the sun what they are thankful for.  I am thankful, don't get me wrong.  I feel like I am blessed in many, many ways.  So, here it is my top ten list of things to be thankful for...as messed up as they may be!!

10.-- I am thankful for my job.  Without it, I would not be able to leave the house and let middle kid practice his trumpet. (practice time happens to coincide with my work hours...purely coincidence) Also without my job I would not learn that I have some pretty normal kids and what I feel is horrible behaviour is really just minor compared to what some little devils do when they go out to eat.  Oh, and also without said job I wouldn't be able to eat, drive, or clothe my kids.  Woo Hoo job!

9.--I am thankful for my bills.  With those bills, I have a house, a car, television, internet, heat, air.  Well you get the picture.

8--I am thankful for the stuff laying around the house.  It is plentiful, and it is a PITA, but it is a sign that we have 'stuff'.

7  .--I am thankful for Diet Pepsi.  Although it is an unhealthy habit, I feel it is better and cheaper than alcohol.  Yet it has all of the good effects on me.  Diet Pepsi people, please don't change your recipe.


6.--I am thankful for the cashiers that have to work today.  We ordered cheesecakes and not all of them came in.  I need some.  Thank you semi-happy cashier at the market for being there today so my family can enjoy some yummy cheesecake.

5.--I am thankful for my business and my customers.  I have a wonderful group of ladies that support me and wonderful customers.  I am looking forward to another great year of success and growth. And maybe the Conference and another girls weekend in Wisconsin!

4.--I am thankful for hockey.  It keeps the boys busy and happy.  It keeps me busy and on edge.  It may be a money suck, but all in all it is worth it.  We have met many friends and people we don't want to be friends with through hockey. 

3.--I am thankful for my extended family.  I have a family like no other.  We laugh, fight, and tease.  Man do we tease.  And if you ever see Peanut (my little sister) ask her to see the scars from teasing.  Yes they are visible.  We play for keeps!!

2..--I am thankful for the kids.  They are a handful.  They run me to a drop of sanity.  They fight, cry, yell, and cry.  They make me smile, laugh, and cry happy tears.  They are resilient and flexible.  They are understanding.  They are some pretty good looking kids too, but that is just superficial.

1..--I am thankful for the Head Honcho.  He works hard.  Every.Day.  He is understanding of my shopping habits and very forgiving when the shopping habit gets out of control.  He also has a way to reel me in.  He is a great father and a wonderful husband. 

Happy Turkey Day everyone...

No comments:

Post a Comment