Thursday, November 18, 2010

Christmas Downsized...

So, I have been reading blogs and getting ideas in my little head... one that I especially liked was about a family that was trying to downsize on EVERYTHING.  Now, I am all about less is more, for somethings.  And I could proably get the kiddos to jump on board, but one thing that I think is going to be a hard sell is Christmas.  I am pretty sure that downsizing Christmas just may not happen here this year.  Here is an example.  One family is trying to do 4 gifts for Christmas for each child.  A gift they want, one to read, one to wear, and one they need.  I thought about seeing how the kids would react starting with Big Kid.  He is 15, surely he understands economy and that they truely are blessed with things year round.  This would just make the holiday that much more special.  We would have more family time.  Um, I am thinking he is not interested in family time.  This is what he came up with:

A Gift he wants:  Xbox Games *there is a list...of about 10 games he would like*
A Gift to read: a laptop
A Gift he needs: XBox Kinnect and sports game (you know for exercise)
A Gift to wear: Hockey Gear--skates, chest protector, jersey, pants

We will re-work the Christmas Gifts list and give him a budget to work within... The current budget he is working within is that of a small country...

No comments:

Post a Comment