Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Super Mom--Just stop it!!!

We all know one...that Mom, she is beyond a helicopter mom. She not only hovers over her child(ren) she could literally be in their skin.  She is the room mom, the cubscout mom, the soccer coach, the church group teacher.  She is THERE!  I have no problem with a super mom...per se... I have a problem with the Super moms who 1-let everone know they are the super mom.  Fantastic!  You have virtually no other life than all of these things you do for your kids.  Don't get me wrong, if a volunteer is needed I am there.  If someone doesn't step up to run the bake sale, I can do it.  I am however not going to look for awards at the completion of the bake sale.

I also have a problem with super moms who schedule themselves too thin...you know the one.  She shows up at soccer practice in her cubscout neckerchief and then carries her bible with her PTA minutes.  Give yourself a minute to cook dinner.  Oh of course, you already made a roast in your slow cooker this morning while you were making an organic lunch for each of your children.  But seriously, keep scheduling yourself so thin and you aren't going to enjoy all of your child's moments.  Sometimes it is nice to sit and watch your kid kick the soccer ball around and not have to worry about little Jimmy sitting on the opposite goal line picking his nose.

Another thing that grinds my gears about Super Moms is the ones that say they can do it all, take the 'job', you know the one that I would have happily done without complaints or constant reminders that I am doing you a favor, and then don't follow through.  And they always have that excuse...I am so busy... there is not enough hours in the day.  Well there is plenty for those of us who are not trying to be Super Mom.  Give me a volunteer job for each kid's activity...one per kid, per activity and I am done.  I am not going to try and do it all.  I know I can't.

My final complaint about Super Moms are the ones that have multiple kids and tries to do everything for everyone.  This causes her to be late for just about everything and does not give off the impression that she is anything like a Super mom.  She is never sure where she should be and she she is going to be late, but you understand...she is afterall the ONLY person that would do this.  Let me let you in on a little secret.  The only reason you are the only one doing these things it is because us 'regular' folks can't stand to be with you Super Moms for more than two seconds without wanting to hang you by your neckerchief.

No comments:

Post a Comment