Friday, November 12, 2010

Happy Birthday Little Gramma!

So, tomorrow Saturday November 13, 2010 is my Grandmother's Birthday.  My kids call her 'Little Gramma'.  Mostly because she is well, little!  I think she is 4'8", but I could be wrong.  I know I TOWER over her and I am a grand 5'1"!  Gram is an awesome lady.  We don't get to see her very often, but love it when we do!  She is a fun lady and enjoys the kids company.

She gets nervous around Little Kid though, he is a bit, active for her!  Who would have thought.  But now he is a little more 'calm' (and by calm I mean he has stopped jumping off the back of furniture)so I think we will soon visit her and see how it goes.  Besides the Big Kids like to see if they are bigger than her.  Newsflash Big and Middle Gram isn't having a growth spurt at her age (which I won't divulge but should because she should be so proud to be her age!).  You guys are totally towering over her!  Big Kid is 5'11.5" you have over a foot on her and you still have a few spurts left I have been told.  Middle Kid is 4'10" so guess what, you too have surpassed Little Gramma!  Congratulations in your 9 years on earth you have grown taller than her...a feat I might add took me until I was 14, but Gram was taller then too!

I always find it hard to buy gifts for Gram.  I mean what do you buy for an older adult who has the means, transportation and will to go and buy whatever she wants?  When she wants something she goes to the store and buys it.  Simple, she doesn't need anyone to get it for her.  Besides (I see me in her in this way) someone else may get the wrong one.  I (like her) know what I want and that is that.  We are both a little stubborn.  We are both little.  That's ok...that is what I like best about us. 

Happy Birthday Little Gramma for Big, Middle, Little, Head Honcho and me...your favorite Granddaughter!

No comments:

Post a Comment