Friday, November 12, 2010

Hot Dog Hot Dog Hot Diggity Dog...

As much as that show annoys me... I find entertainment value elsewhere while it is on.  Wait, you don't know what awesome time suck I am talking about?  Why, it's the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, come inside, come inside.  I have been VERY successful at keeping Little Kid's television choices limited to Nick Jr for 3 years.  If he didn't like the choice we turn of Law and Order turn off the TV and listen to music. 

A few months ago I went away, and Head Honcho's Mom came and stayed with the boys and cleaned my house, SPOTLESS, but I digress.  I think part of her master plan was to get Little Kid hooked on the most annoying show possible.  Score one for her!  We can't go a minute without the dang Disney Channel on anymore.  Little Kid doesn't know numbers yet, but can accurately tune into that channel. 

But I will give this to the freaking people at Disney.  That dang song, well really all of them, are so dang catchy.  Little Kid stands proudly and in front of the TV and sings all of the songs.  And the topper, the final song, it comes with a dance and Mickey fading out through a circle.  We just re-enacted that scene right here in our living room.  The song, the dance, and Little Kid jumping in a laundry basket (empty) and covering himself with a blanket.  So, it must be over, right?  Maybe now Mommy can have a few minutes of Grown-up TV?  Nope, there are about 40 more episodes of the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse slated to run today and Little Kid can hear the channel change from everywhere in the house.  I am stuck!  This show will be running all day and all night. 

PLEASE.SAVE.ME.

No comments:

Post a Comment