Thursday, December 23, 2010

Who I won't/can't take parenting advice from...

There are very few people that I won't illicit or listen to parenting advice from... I am a do what works for you type, but some people do not deserve the priviledge of telling me the way 'they' do it.  One is convicts... you may not display the best choices...look around you.  'Nuff said.

The second is from the 'nice' lady that helped me at the Walmart Site to Store station today.  I am a big HATER of Walmart.  So many reasons, so little time.  Well, today the Big and Little Kid both tagged along with me to pick up a few items we 'need'.  I had to pick up a few site to store things so we headed back to the nook they have set up for it.  Just my luck the same lady that was there two days ago (when I asked if both items were in, she said no, I got home 10 minutes later and there was an email that it was in)that harrassed me about the no license thing was there.  Well, at least she will remeber me. 

She got defensive right away when I said 'I am here for the OTHER order'  She was all intimidated by me and told me well it didn't get here until after you left.  Like way after I think it was 5 or 6.  I blew it off.  (so not like me...she was inviting a fight)  I said well, at least I don't have to have my license since you remeber me.  She went on a tirade about how I may be the person that stole the purse and am now picking up my $30 worth of toys.  That is my master plan.  Steal a purse, don't produce the id and then go from store to store and pick up that persons gifts.  Really?

But when she was finished yelling at me about getting a license she asked if the two 'angels' over there were mine?  They were playing which hand and actually behaving so this time I claimed them.  She looked at Big Kid and tells me...you know we have winter clothes on sale.  He may find something cheap enough that you can buy him.  OK Big kid hates pants, coats, sleeves, socks, shoes, shorts, shirts, you name it.  I am happy when he has the important parts covered.  I think he does it for the looks, he is a joker, but as long as he covers the privates I let it slide.  In fact, when I bought him school clothes I specifically bought him shorts and tees as I knew that was all he was going to wear. 

But back to the Walmart Lady.  I do not care if the clothes are cheap.  He is still not going to wear them.  Even more so since they come from Walmart.  We are not snobs (mostly) but a teenage boy wants to wear 'name' brand and we budget so he can.  It has nothing to do with the price, it is his 'style' I have been told.  So I told her that he simply prefers to be dressed that way.  She said, not in my house, my kids are dressed appropriately at all times.  I inquired her kids ages.  Eight, Six, Five, Three, and One.  My, aren't we a busy lady.  And, I noted to her I have a three year old in the cart.  He is dressed in Uggs, jeans, sweater, turtleneck, fleece jacket, and has a hat in the back of the cart.  I do know how to dress my kids, but once they hit 15 you really can't dress them anymore.  You fight the fights you want to.  He does wear pants (*the one pair he owns) to work as it required.  There is no place else that he goes that he HAS to wear pants so he doesn't.  If he is a 'happy' kid wearing what he wears he will.  The minute he turns into a brat we will take away the shorts and tees and only have pants and sweaters.  For now, it works. 

So Walmart Lady, thank you for berrating me about the license, telling me I am a bad parent and also for working at the Site to Store station.  If you weren't there today (and two days ago) I wouldn't know that I HAVE to have my license and that I am a bad parent.  Happy Holidays!!

No comments:

Post a Comment