Thursday, December 16, 2010

Attention Rude Cashier...

I know it is the holiday season and by the looks of it you have an animal to slaughter at home.  I also understand that your store has set holiday hours and you have your television schedule revolved around that.  I am simiply a lady on the hunt for a snowman basket.  Your store was one that I was told may just have what I am looking for.  Since the Head Honcho and I were in town *we are country folk and all* and I thought I may as well give your store a chance.

I am aware that your door says you close at 9.  I did a careful look at my watch when I saw your sign.  8:40.  Twenty minutes is plenty of time to run in, ask you if you carry what I am searching for and run out.  Five minutes tops I have planned to be in your store.  When I walk in the door (well aware you have 20 minutes to stand there and complain about me) and you immediately and audibly groan followed by a loud complaint to your other cashier friend that you hate when customers come into your store when you are about to close you have only done one thing to me.

You my friend have encouraged me.  The immediate annoucment that the store is closing in 5 minutes (more like 20 Big Ben) ups the ante.  I will now look up and down each and every aisle for anything and everything.  Sometimes your annoucments peeve me enough to carry an item from one aisle and put it away.  Two aisle away.  Don't mess with me cashier.  I am simply searching for the right gift and you are not helpful.  When I walk out at 20 minutes past close empty handed and smile brightly and say 'Happy Holidays' don't get mad at me.

Get mad at yourself.  Perhaps instead of being negative, if you approached me and politely asked me if I needed help finding what I was looking for, I would have asked for a damn snowman basket and you would have told me that no such item is in your store.  Instead of your passive aggressive attempts at getting me out of the store a polite how can I help you would have gotten you out of the store on time. 

Happy Holidays...How can I help you?

No comments:

Post a Comment