Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Futures

What parent can go a day without worrying what will my kids do? What will they become?  Of course,we all want the best for our kids.  Well, most do, but those that don't won't really be discussed.   I just like to assume that everyone is like me. 

So, the big kid is really at the point to decide what will he be?  Some days, I think if he is awake it is a good day.  But I know he is capable of more so we press the college issue.  These days, he has realized he will not be a NHL goalie, he won't be a professional video gamer, nor will he be a pilot. (this was a new development when he saw how much they make)  He is looking into REAL possibilities.  He enjoys science.  He is definately looking at going away to college. (that cafeteria is going to dread seeing his smiling face for 3 4 5 6 meals a day!) He would like to play some kind of hockey.  He would like a video gaming area that he is allowed to stay up all night and play Halo Kill them all or whatever it is.  The last thing isn't as important as the rest.  Obviously.  He actually has 4 schools of choice at this point which I think is pretty good.  Now if he could just get his career of choice down to 4!!

Middle Kid has not grown out of the NHL hockey player/video gamer phase.  I am encouraging other avenues in a minor fashion.  'That' job looks fun.  'That' is something you enjoy.  He is good with my money (as in spending it) so I am thinking investments.  He will not be my child to go to far from home.  That is ok.  I like that kid!!

Little Kid may be too small for most to worry about careers and college, but how often do you hear 'since he was a baby he loved....' and that kid is always the one that has done something HUGE.  So we are encouraging Little Kid everyday.  Whatever he picks up we look at it as a future career.  So today when he started to color (in permenant marker Thanks Auntie!!) on Middle Kid while Middle Kid was still asleep I took pause.  Most parents would yell, scream and wake up Middle Kid.  Me, well, I thought...needs more green.

No comments:

Post a Comment