Monday, October 18, 2010

Robbed...

That's right...I was robbed... broke into my car.  Here is the whole story as I would like it posted in the local newspaper...

Sunday evening at approximately 10:15 I arrived home with the Big Kid from hockey at our local facility.  I noticed a man who was weirdly dressed and quite honestly didn't fit in.  Now I am not a snob.  Totally.  But he looked a little homeless so what was he doing amongst all of these homes?   So, I have heartedly clicked the lock button on the van and walked (quickly) into the house.  I got a little glimpse of him.  I remeber his outward apperance.  It was not someone that was walking a dog or out for exercise.  There was something different about him. 

I came inside and puttered around for 20 mins or so and then realized I needed to pay my credit cards online.  I decided to do it tomorrow so I could just go to bed.  Roughly 11:30 the Head Honcho got up for a minute.  He noticed that the dome light was on in my van, but blew it off thinking Big Kid was out getting his phone (or something of the sort) out of the van.  Being late at night he went to bed. 

7:15 this morning I was awakened by the doorbell and the City's finest.  I was hoping for a BIG crime.  Maybe there was a felony nearby?  A murder?  OHH I hoped I could solve the crime and go on Law and Order.  I was looking particularly fancy mind you.  I passed out exhausted in my jeans and my hoodie so although my hair said 7:15 am my body said noon.  Good thing my breath was there to break the tie.  7:15 am it was!!!! 

I was told that there were some breakins in the 'hood last night and they checked my doors and they were unlocked so they would like me to look and see if anything was missing.  Well, what do I have for a thief?  Apparently quite a bit.  A wallet ($44 thirtyone that I took forever to finally buy), filled with credit cards, debit cards, checks, insurance cards you know the good stuff.  Not only was my wallet missing.  My mini zip pouch was gone.  Inside:  pills and CASH!!! Yes, I didn't go to the bank this weekend and NOW I am paying for it!  Son of a bad lady... So while I was still in shock (and certain the Head Honcho was going to be ANGRY) I started to babble about the 'weird man' last night.  A police report was filed, and now I get to go through the fun times of replacing everything.  Cancelling everything and getting new scripts.  No chance to go get groceries today.  I will be sitting at the DMV endlessly trying to get a simple replacement license.

I really hope that this jerk (or jerks as the case may be) gets caught.  Not just because I want my money back, but because I am friends with the judge.  I bet for an extra loaf of bread he would give him the death penalty.  (totally kidding...he will just do the life sentence)

Have I learned a lesson?  Oh hells, yes!  Amongst the obvious (lock my car) I learned the less than obvious... make sure you make your hair, body and breath all agree on the time of day.  All.The.Time.

1 comment:

  1. Oh gosh that is horrid. so sorry that you got robbed. dang. I hope they find the perps!

    ReplyDelete