Wednesday, October 20, 2010

So helpful...

So, as I venture through the chance of identity theft I am learning that most people are kind and forgiving.  MOST PEOPLE.  Chase Mortgage company.  Totally cool.  Apologized for calling me about the mortgage refi!  How cool is that...they told me to call them next week and until then they will just mark my account.  Credit One.  Happy to help me people.  No late fees, no reporting the credit agency.  Just pay us when you can unfreeze your checking account AND we will send you a new card today with a higher limit so you have some sort of money to buy the necessities.  Of course I know that higher limit means bigger payments and more interest for them, but hey, it was pretty cool of them to offer me more 'money'.  Oh and they will remove any fees that I incur for a late payment.  (it was due the day I reported it stolen)

Ok you know who isn't cool when you are in crisis?  HSBC credit company.  First I cancelled the card and then had to wade through 800 voice options to get a human... I know the nerve I wanted to talk to a person.  I am silly like that.  So I get the sweetest sounding lady I think in the world.  I think she spits sugar...pure cane sugar she is so sweet.  That is where it ended.  I told her my card was stolen and I one needed the number of the now closed account so they can put it in the police report.  I was refused.  For my protection and privacy.  Well, the account is now closed so it doesn't really matter first of all and second of all I don't need any protection.  My cities finest are on the case.  No can do.  I am not getting that number.  The super sweet lady proved that sugar rots your brain...she told me to look at the card.  Which card?  The one that was stolen?  Sure right on that!  I choked back a laugh.  She then asked me if I was going to make a payment *also due that day I make it easy on myself and have all the bills due the same day*.  I told her I would love to make a payment, but I have not a thing to my name right now.  Remeber super sweet lady...car robbed, cash, credit cards *one of yours actually* id everything was stolen...yeah I can't pay you $15 this month...not because I won't...I.Can't.  I have it, I would love to give it to you so you have 2 choices.  Give me some time to work this out.  It may take a week, I will provide supporting documents and depositions.  Whatever it takes, but give me time.  If you can't wait and that $15 is going to put HSBC into a downward spiral...stop over to the house...I will give you $15 and you can go kiss my knee.  It is $15 not the end of the world!  I was robbed have some compassion.

Another Robbery unfriendly company is my insurance agent.  She has harassed and hounded me to get life insurance 'just in case' as 'you never know'.  I did exactly what she asked...I got life insurance AND disability insurance on the whole family.  Just not with her.  She was not clear on that.  Well, as I called to let her know that the payment would be late she first said well try to pay by Friday.  I said I think I will have Head Honcho's pay by then, no problem.  She then said 'Why don't we set up an appointment for life insurance?'  Sure I have all sorts of time in between police reports and statements and regular life and Mommy world.  I was just robbed...give me a day or two.  Oh but wait...I tell her I have already obtained life insurance and then tried to get off the phone.  No she wasn't having that....She needed to tell me I was getting ROBBED by the insurance company that I have now got life insurance through and I need to go in to see her ASAP and get it fixed and buy insurance through her! I promptly hung up the phone and have a call in to change agents. 

So the messages I have learned most companies are really helpful when their customer is faced with an issue.  Just give them a call and they more than likely will help you.  Some people however, are just jerks.  Leave them alone. You don't need them!

No comments:

Post a Comment